· Responsible for the management of the Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental systems across the Hatfield, Aylesbury and Bristol sites.
· To ensure all plant, equipment and buildings are adequately maintained so as not to compromise Health and Safety.
· To ensure that all staff comply with all the relevant Health and Safety and Environmental legislation, therefore ensuring that all staff are safe in their working environment.
· Ensure that all BRC compliance is in place and regularly reviewed.
- Promote Quality, Environmental Health and Safety best practices, ensuring wellbeing of all staff across all three sites in accordance with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Ensure contractors working on site adhere to company and legal rules, procedures and relevant legislation and sign all safe systems, permits and authorisation at work.
- Develop control mechanisms for ensuring that high levels of hygiene are maintained through the senior operations manager.
- Develop positive relationships with other members of the management team, colleagues and team members.
- To identify all new duties performed on and off site, and undertake risk assessments.
- To ensure safe working practices are written and followed through.
- To ensure that all site risk assessments are completed and up to date and ensure the day to day effective management of any risk identified on site.
- To train and re-train staff on the safe working practices through the department managers.
- To maintain a training matrix, to enable all training to be recorded and re-training dates to be adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate Safe Systems of Work are in place.
- To chair the three Depots Safety Management meetings.
- Develop and implement quality management strategy and plans, including resource, systems, timescales, financials, to support, contribute to, and integrate within, the organisation’s annual business plan and long term strategy.
- Review and update the induction training program working with other departments to ensure legal compliance in environment, health and food safety law.
- Development and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Development and delivery of action plans to achieve compliance.
· To manage and control all accident reporting procedures, ensuring that all information is factual, and conforms to the latest Health and Safety regulations for Warehouse and Transport departments (including the completion of relevant paperwork particularly REVO and RIDDOR).
· To investigate the root causes of accidents and introduce the corrective action to prevent reoccurrence. To minimise the company’s exposure to employers liability claims and reputation impact.
· All site equipment is maintained and all service level agreements with third party suppliers are monitored and that any statutory inspections are carried out as required under LOLER and PUWER.
· To ensure that all sites meet their requirements in relation to ISO and any further additions and requirement.
· To ensure that all sites meet their requirements in relation to BRC complaince
· Financial management; ability to read and understand budgets, and to manage contractors and employees to work within them.
· Work alongside other peers across PCL and Bidvest Logistics, attending meetings, site visits, cross auditing.
Experience and Qualifications
· Must hold NEBOSH qualification
· A member of the CIEH or other professional bodies
· Trained lead auditor
· Experience within the food industry in a high care environment
· Quality management systems experience
· Experience in managing BRC or similar standard
· Previous experience in temperature controlled FMCG Distribution would be an advantage
· Food Safety qualification & HACCP to Level 3
· Ability to build effective team relationships, ensuring that team members are committed to depot objectives.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and possess excellent influencing, negotiating and motivational skills.
· Understand the necessity to identify and implement staff training needs.
· Understand the nature of costs and benefits to the company both qualitative and quantitative.
· Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and comprehension of Health and Safety and Hygiene issues.
· Willing to be totally flexible to meet the needs of a seven-day a week operation.
· To be able to communicate with all levels within the operation.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and your CV to Recruitment@pcl-transport.co.uk